Sunday, May 13, 2012

It's becoming a double edge sword...

With each passing day I get a little closer to crossing the Atlantic Ocean once more and seeing all of my friends and family I left back in August.  At the same time as each day passes, I get closer to leaving my new friends and family I met back in August.

It really is becoming a double edge sword...

I don't know why I'm already thinking about this so much.  In all honesty, I still have PLENTY of time left here in England.  I'm still here for another 2 1/2 months, but when I look back and realize how fast the first 9 1/2 months have gone I discover that time really isn't on my side.  I feel like there is so much I still want to do and places I want to see.  Sometimes I wonder if I took full advantage of the situation.

But now I'm getting off topic.

I am really excited to go back to the good ol' USA, but I know that the second I get home is the very second I'm also going to want to jump back on that plane and return to the city of Salford.  The people I've met here will hold a special place in my heart.

Like I said, a double edge sword...

I'm not really sure where this blog post is going. I guess this is something that has been on my mind lately.  I know it's going to be difficult to leave and I know that when I get home things will be different from when I left.  I guess I'm just trying to prepare myself for the next part of this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment