Wednesday, May 23, 2012

What in the world have I been up to?

So I know the original intention of this blog was to keep you all updated on what I'm doing over here in the UK and I feel like recently it has become more a place for me to share some random thoughts with you.  Granted these thoughts have come from experiences over here, but I haven't told you about what has been going on over here lately.  This post is just going to give a little more insight into how life has been lately.

First, let's start with my wonderful weekend I had.  Two other YAGMs (Bekah and Elizabeth) came to visit me up in good ol' Salford.  I don't know how it happened, but we ended up having a rather American weekend despite the obvious location of not being America.  It was such a great weekend and I'm so blessed to have such wonderful people in my life and the fact that I get to share this year with them is even more wonderful.

While the past few months around Just Youth have been more on the quiet side, we still have had a surprising amount of things to do.  After the first week of June it will be nonstop work in schools until I leave.  I feel as though it's going to be kind of stressful, but very rewarding and plenty of opportunities for me to be in primary (elementary) schools.  The time is going to go by very fast I feel like.

Another super exciting thing coming up is my impending trip to Ireland!  I think this is the one place I've been looking forward to visiting since I arrived here in August!  I'm glad I'm finally going to get to cross "visit Ireland" off my bucket list.

I don't know how much I've talked about the youth group that I also work at, but it's been something I have really loved this year.  We had a few volunteers leave that were originally there to be the youth group volunteers, but when they left the rest of us were asked if we would be willing to help.  While it created more work for us it has definitely been worth it.  Not every night in the youth club is the most wonderful, but there are some days that make my heart smile.  The kids in the area are a little rough around the edges, but once you are able to break down some of their barriers you get to see how truly amazing they are.  I've met and gotten to know some pretty great kids there that will forever be in my heart.  As I'm typing this I'm starting to get a little misty eyed.  They have made an impact on my life and I don't think it's going to be easy to leave them in just two short months.  I think those kids are the reason I am seriously contemplating teaching middle school.

Speaking of middle school, I have some exciting news.  Okay well, I think it's exciting.  I have a final interview tomorrow (Thursday May 24th) for a 7th grade special education position.  I've had a really good feeling about this job since the first interview a few weeks ago.  It's amazing to see how God has been moving and working in my life over these past few weeks.  Hopefully I will have more news about it soon.

I think it's funny how this will be my 4th post in one month and yet I think the most I've had in a month since I've been here is two!  I guess I'm finally getting into the blog mood.  Hopefully you can all keep up with it all!

P.S.  60 days from now I will be on a plane back to the U.S.A.  It's kind of surreal to think about so I'm going to try and avoid thinking about it a little longer!

No comments:

Post a Comment